This one is for all you athletes, weekend warriors and people hitting the weights regularly in the gym. For greater performance, you should consider supplementing Glutamine (or L-Glutamine)!
Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body, and even though it’s not an essential amino acid (meaning the body produces glutamine on its own), it constitutes between 50%-60% of the amino acids in muscle tissue. If you participate in activities requiring intense muscle demand, your body cannot keep up with the required glutamine production. Research has proven many benefits from supplementing glutamine:
- Aids in post-workout muscle recovery.
- Stops the breakdown of muscle tissue and stimulates new growth.
- Helps the body to metabolize protein.
- Protects the immune system.
- Speeds up the healing process for wounds and burns.