- 3 tbsp strong ground coffee
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp honey or agave nectar
- 2/3 cup milk (any fat %, soy, or almond)
- Brew the coffee with the water in a regular coffee maker, French press or drip cone.
- While the coffee brews, stir the pumpkin pie spice into the honey or agave nectar until completely blended. Set aside.
- Pour the cold milk into a microwave-safe bowl, the edges of which should come up a bit higher than the milk.
- Keep the bowl slightly tilted to the side, so that the milk is gathered more towards one side. Using a wire whisk, quickly and vigorously whisk the milk in the bowl for about 2-2 1/2 minutes. If milk is not frothy after 2 1/2 minutes, continue whisking an additional 30-60 seconds. The milk should be very frothy at this point.
- Microwave the milk in the bowl on high for 8-10 seconds. It should puff into a high foam immediately.
- To serve the latte, pour the hot coffee into a mug and stir in the honey/agave-spice mixture until completely dissolved. Top with the hot milk, spooning the thick foam on top. A dash of additional pumpkin pie spice or some ground cinnamon on top is a nice touch. Serve immediately. Makes 10 servings.