• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1 small yellow onion, or two small shallots, thinly sliced
• 1⁄2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
• 1 pound asparagus, tough ends snapped off, spears cut diagonally into 1-inch lengths
• 4–6 large organic, pasture-raised eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 cup shredded raw organic gruyere or swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Gently heat olive oil into a 10-inch ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add onions and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 3 minutes.
Add asparagus, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, covered, until the asparagus are slightly tender, 6–8 minutes.
Pour in eggs and cook until almost set, but still runny on top, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over eggs and put in oven to bake uncovered until eggs are set and cheese is melted and browned, about 5–7 minutes. You may want to turn on the broiler during this baking time to better brown the top. Remove from oven and slide frittata onto a serving plate.
Cut into wedges and serve.